The Position will be predominately based out on site from Pembroke to Chepstow.
Established in 1870, Andrew Scott Ltd is one of the UK’s oldest independent construction companies. We are a respected name in the civil engineering and construction markets to both Public and Private sector customers. We are seeking to appoint a Setting out Engineer.
A setting-out engineer, your role on any construction project will be technical, supervisory and organisational. You will be involved at a strategic level in terms of determining the locations for key parts of infrastructure and will work with others to design this. In your role as a setting out engineer, just some of your tasks will be:
- Working on the location of the site, accurate setting out boundaries, levelling and participating in any surveying work
- Monitoring health and safety protocols on the site
- Keeping management and stakeholders appraised of progress in developing the site
- Keeping a log book on the development of the project
- Liasing with other disciplines on the site to resolve any issues and to ensure that the work is being done to the best possible standard
- Ensuring that deadlines are met and that any deadlines are well communicated
- Maintaining as built records
- Quality control
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role
• Hold a Bachelor/Master’s degree in civil engineering. HND in Civil Engineering
• Be proficient with AutoCAD
• Hold a Driving licence
• Life Insurance
• Company car or car allowance
• 26 days holiday + an additional day off for your Birthday plus long service award on leave
• Competitive salary
• Enhanced sick pay
• An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family.
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27th January 2023
Andrew Scott Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, which will be based on experience; regular CPD opportunities; varied and interesting project work; and a friendly/supportive working environment.
Please note should sufficient applicants be received Andrew Scott Ltd reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time, we always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.