Job Vacancy: Planner
Office based: The Position will be predominately based at our Margam Head Office with a requirement to visit various sites to update programmes as and when required.
As a planner with Andrew Scott Ltd you will work alongside our pre-construction and operations teams to create contractually compliant and robust construction works programmes, working closely with our commercial team to develop procurement schedules.
- Strategic development of planning procedures to ensure best practice and robustness, including bid and construction stage planning, programme control and reporting
- Provide planning support to all bids, managing the appraisal and review process to identify programme constraints, statutory and contractual obligations, analyse and manage programme risk, and develop efficient programme and logistics solutions and material in support of bid submissions
- Co-ordinate / assist in the preparation and delivery of Client presentations / interviews
- Manage the transfer of programme intelligence from bid to contract stage, including programme assumptions, resource and output calculations
- Ensure operational programme reporting follows Critical Path Analysis principles and provides analysis and commentary on consumption of programme float
- Undertake and prepare delay analysis and collation of reports in conjunction with Project Management Teams
- Develop and update programmes with Project Managers and site teams in line with the relevant Form of Contract including NEC 4
- Formal submission of programmes to Clients in line with NEC 4
- Chairing programme update meetings for projects
- Working closely with the Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors on a daily basis or as required
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role
- Experience in Microsoft Project and ASTA
- An excellent knowledge of all forms of Building and Civil Engineering Contracts, managing time & programme
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the industry
- Educated to Degree or equivalent in construction-based subjects
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Company Car or Car Allowance
- 26 days holiday
- Competitive salary
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family.
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 29th July 2022
Andrew Scott Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, which will be based on experience; regular CPD opportunities; varied and interesting project work; and a friendly/supportive working environment.