We are seeking to appoint a Contractors Plant Fitter to work at our Plant Department, Baglan. The role of the Fitter will be to support the existing team in maintaining and repairing of the plant.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate the repair and maintenance of plant and machinery
- To assist with supervision of others and third party’s assisting in the works being carried out
- To assist management in the programming of scheduled maintenance aligned to production requirements
- To carry out preventable maintenance work
- To ensure cost effective and timely ordering and supply of spares and critical equipment
- To assist in undertaking risk assessment and associated paperwork, where required, of the relevant activities to ensure a suitable and effective safe system of work
- To liaise daily with management and general operatives to ascertain any repair and maintenance requirement that arise, or need specific prioritisation
- To provide flexibility to undertake emergency repairs where and when these arise.
- To carry out repairs on plant equipment inhouse and out on site.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role
Role: Full Time
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8am until 16.30pm and Friday 8.00am until 15.30am. Plus, overtime as and when required.
Benefits and pay will be paid in line with the Working Rule Agreement
Maintenance vehicle will be provided.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 7th October 2022
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.